[Cialug] Commerical Interruption

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Nov 12 13:54:31 CST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net> wrote:

> I went to t-mobile website to check exact number of text messages my
> older kid was sending and found glitch on t-mobile website. on EVERY
> online statement, but the last one, my kid had 6965 txt messages,
> younger one 42 and I had 132 messages. I checked last 5 months and on
> ALL of them are the same numbers :-). coincidence? I don't think so...
> after I call them I found my kid had in july almost 10,846 messages,
> in august a little bit over 5K, in september "famous" 6965 messages
> and in october "only" 3148 (he broke up with his girlfriend :D)
> means, 1,000 txt msgs you offer are WAY below what I need :) I'll give
> you a call once I kick him out of my house. :)

OT: the reason for this is that as soon as one of your kid's friends gets
unlimited texting they start texting like crazy. And since most carriers
make you pay for incoming and outgoing through the same pool then it becomes
viral. Your kid needs to get unlimited, then they start sending lots of
texts. Domino affect kicks in and everyone eventually has to get it.

I'm OK with that, really. Unless I'm driving, text messages are a
more efficient form of communication. Short, fast, immediate (but not real
time).

I looked at my plan and thought I was a heavy data user but my peak is
something like 700MB in a month and my texting peak is low 400's. 500MB and
mid 200's is typical.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin