[Cialug] Rooting an Evo and custom firmware

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Nov 4 09:01:36 CDT 2010

I'm interested in apps. One some people here may like is "pdanet" which
allows you to tether your phone without rooting it. I use it when
travelling. For Linux it requires you to use bluetooth to tether. In Mac OS
it requires you to use USB to tether. In Windows you can use either.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

> In case this impacts anyone else's future decision, rooting and installing
> Cyanogen on an HTC Evo (Sprint) is possible using nothing but Linux tools.
>
> It took a while, and I had to use a combination of docs (and some of the
> docs were wrong), but it didn't take too terribly long... and the phone
> still works, which is the important bit.
>
> Should I start a "best apps", or is this not the thing that most people
> care about?
>
> -Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
> morej at alliancetechnologies.net
> 515-245-7701

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin