[Cialug] Rooting an Evo and custom firmware

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Nov 3 22:27:52 CDT 2010

In case this impacts anyone else's future decision, rooting and installing Cyanogen on an HTC Evo (Sprint) is possible using nothing but Linux tools.

It took a while, and I had to use a combination of docs (and some of the docs were wrong), but it didn't take too terribly long... and the phone still works, which is the important bit.

Should I start a "best apps", or is this not the thing that most people care about?

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701