[Cialug] Getting Movies Legally on My Droid?

jeff at ocjtech.us jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Nov 4 00:04:35 CDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> I use handbrake to rip DVDs. This is not illegal, it's fair use. If I sell
> the DVD after making a copy or share the digital version then I've crossed a
> line.

Unfortunately the precompiled Handbrake binaries won't run on Fedora
14.  I may download the source later and try to compile it myself.

> I don't know about downloading. iPod format videos seem to play fine on my
> hero but I suspect the ones you buy have some DRM.

archive.org has quite a bit of free video material, I may have to
search through there a bit to see if there's anything interesting.  I
was hoping though to be able watch, say Iron Man 2 or the latest
Mythbusters without having to run out to a store and buy a DVD or wait
for Amazon to mail it to me.

--
Jeff Ollie