[Cialug] Getting Movies Legally on My Droid?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Nov 3 23:04:41 CDT 2010

I use handbrake to rip DVDs. This is not illegal, it's fair use. If I sell
the DVD after making a copy or share the digital version then I've crossed a
line.

I don't know about downloading. iPod format videos seem to play fine on my
hero but I suspect the ones you buy have some DRM.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM, jeff at ocjtech.us <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> So googling just turns up a bunch of stuff about ripping DVDs or
> converting pirated videos so that you can watch them on your android
> device.  Is there a way to legally download movies though?  Something
> kind of like iTunes but would work without a Mac or Windows machine.
> Is there anything out there?
>
> --
> Jeff Ollie

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin