[Cialug] Phony questions

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Nov 2 17:42:32 CDT 2010

At 05:22 PM 11/2/2010, you wrote:
>I'm changing phones.  I'm on Sprint and unlikely to change for
>reasons of price.
>
>I am thinking about either the Epic or the Evo.  I am leaning
>towards the Epic as I like physical keyboards, but am open to other opinions.
>
>Thoughts?

Personally, I am thinking Evo over Epic - I would never use the phone
keyboard for any real typing, so my idea is to use my Netbook with
the phone WiFi Hotspot. A soft keyboard is fine for IMs, the extra
weight and bulk, not to mention the risk of another physical
component to damage outweighs the advantages of a hard keyboard.

Also, Swipe bears looking into - much more friendly than Graffiti.

Also, I am told that with Andriod 2.2 the WiFi device can be enabled
directly - with ifconfig?

         Lee