[Cialug] Modifying a read-only flash drive

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Mon May 10 15:12:48 CDT 2010

Oh, I've already got a handful of other flash drives (16GB, 4GB, 2GB, and
1GB) but I figured if I could make this one work without the vendor garbage
on it that'd be great.  It's still fully functional other than the 4MB
partition that is read only and full of garbage.  The other partition is
fully read/write.

I guess it's more of a challenge to get it working than a necessity.