[Cialug] Strip Region Encoding on DVDs?

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Wed May 5 13:54:05 CDT 2010

Your problem won't be the region code but that Germany uses PAL and the
USA uses NTSC.  So unless you have a DVD player that supports PAL to
NTSC conversion you are stuck.  I have one (Sampo 611) that can convert
and doesn't care about the region code after feeding it with a special
DVD. :)

Of course your other alternative is to rip and re-encode the movie to
NTSC.  Lot of work, loss of video quality, and loss of menu and special
features.