[Cialug] 1GHz Athlon, Linux Mint, poor video

Kendall Bailey krbailey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:51:44 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com>wrote:

> you should be able to load the module with /etc/modules (or
> modules.conf, mostly deprecated, but still seems to work most of the
> time), /etc/modprobe.d/aliases ( alias char-major-somethingsomething
> sis), or just throw the modprobe into /etc/rc.local

Tried playing with /etc/modules and /etc/moprobe.d/blacklist.conf.  It's
the name.  I tried to blacklist that and force sis_agp to load.  No luck.
 Still using via_agp after reboot.

So will any AGP card work?  Would something like this be an option?
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/sys/1637841718.html

I've never upgraded a video card before, so excuse my ignorance...

Thanks,
Kendall