[Cialug] TinyURL

Adam Shannon adam at ashannon.us
Fri Jun 18 10:05:39 CDT 2010

Mostly, I dislike the short url's because they are teaching people
that clicking on any like (so long as it's from a "good" site) is
perfectly fine.  Oh, what could happen?  It's Twitter, I won't get
malware from 100+ people who I follow....  At the very least people
are learning that any domain with 3-4 characters (and usually 2 for
the tld) is a url shortener, which causes many more problems.

Another thing, there was a great post on url shorteners that was
floating around the past couple days.  Check it out.

http://www.google.com/buzz/dclinton/JKoWPTAAyvw/More-thoughts-on-URL-shorteners-This-post-explores
(Attached is a copy/paste of the page for everyone who doesn't want to
land on a buzz page.)