[Cialug] TinyURL

Ed Meacham (@work) ed at edmeacham.com
Fri Jun 18 15:12:24 CDT 2010

I love the idea of URL shortening services. Though, they definitely have
instances where the use of one is more appropriate than others... I don't
see the need to shorten a URL in an email, unless you're spreading
"infectious-love."

Rather than write off TinyURL/Bit.ly, I would blame improper organization
and/or the sender not qualifying the details of the URL in the message.

I see there is a plug-in for Thunderbird for converting a URL into a
TinyURL... wonder if it has a reversal option? (I don't have Thunderbird
installed on this machine to check) If not, a lookup plug-in might be a good
project for someone. :P

-emeacham (@work)