[Cialug] [OT] Compilation problem

Kendall Bailey kendall at baileyplex.com
Wed Jun 30 13:39:10 CDT 2010

If you let it compile against the 8.0 header files, and link to 6.2 you
could be in for trouble down the road unless there's some guarantee that the
ABI hasn't changed between those versions.  It's entirely possible to get an
error-free link but still have latent runtime issues due to changes in the
ABI that the compiler/linker toolchain simply can't detect.  Just a friendly
warning, as I have no particular knowledge of libjpeg's API/ABI.

Kendall