[Cialug] Windoze -> Linux VPN

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jun 10 16:53:20 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com>wrote:

> The questions was: "What's the simplest way..."  I didn't read a whole lot
> of other requirements into that.

Right. I know about the security shortcomings of pptp but if you're looking
for something simpler, I'm not sure where to look.

Regarding the security, I was under the impression that newer versions of
Windows supported authentication and encryption methods with pptp that
improved it. Maybe I've mis-understood or maybe "better" = "still a big
fail."

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought."
–Matsuo Bashō