[Cialug] OT: cheap CFL bulbs

Dan Hockey icepuck3k at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 19:24:15 CDT 2010

The no name CFL's that I tried from Spral-Mart burnt out faster than the incandescent when used in a non-vertical position. I've been marking the cfl's as I replace them so I know how long they last.
The cfl's from Sylvania and Phillips seem to be a little bit better in quality than the no name bulbs. Plus now they come in different color temperatures.
I had one Sylvania that lasted nearly eight years.
-dan