[Cialug] OT: cheap CFL bulbs

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 10:49:17 CDT 2010

Be careful with the cheap ones and be prepared to return them. I have
tried more than a few CFLs and I have found that the cheap ones, even
from 'name brands' often have issues that I do not like -- the spectrum
is *way* off, they are dim, or they take 2-3 minutes to turn on fully,
or even longer.

I'm not saying don't buy the cheap ones, I am saying keep the receipts
handy, and don't settle. Return and try again if you are not
*completely* happy.

Jeff