[Cialug] Linux (ubuntu) burning

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Thu Jun 3 08:48:17 CDT 2010

Jason Warden wrote:
> (also, what the heck happened to xmms? I got a lot of 'stuff' from synaptic
> but nothing gives me the traditional xmms. Which is a shame because it had a
> really easy way to make flacs and mp3s and whatever you want into .wavs...)

if you just want a 'play this directory' player (like I do), audacious
is a fork of xmms.  I'm not sure of it's transcoding abilities

I'll never understand going from 'play this directory' (xmms) to 'we
need a full client/server paradigm for playing audio' (xmms2).  I get
the idea of a whole-house playback system, but it seems you could have
made xmms the front-end to xmms2-server (or whatever) /rant

-barry