[Cialug] I Remember When Computer Specs

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jul 29 20:17:53 CDT 2010

Boot from paper tape.  That is fantastic!  I wish there was a way to experience some of this today.

 I think there was a lot more ingenuity at work "back in the day".  Now people solve problems by replacement and throwing money at them to add more RAM or storage people replacing their computer because it is struck by a virus.

Probably why I like Open Source so much, a little more ingenuity is involved.