[Cialug] software freedom day

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Thu Jul 22 14:54:22 CDT 2010

Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
> we're registered for software freedom day again, this year we'll
> actually do something :\  the date is sept 18 - the iowa/iowa state game
> is sept 11, so there may be a little more traffic than other years.
>
> I talked to the folks at java joe's about the 4th street theater - they
> said that 'vendors' in that space cost $15.  I'm not 100% sure what that
> means, but I haven't talked to them in detail yet (they were busy when I
> popped in) - I'm guessing that for $15 they give us a table to use, but
> I don't know how big, if there's power, if it's $15 per body, etc.
>
> I'll get more info, but that's my current plan, join me if you wish :).
>   this way, we may actually talk to someone who's not already in the group

replying to myself - I didn't fully flush my brain queue

dealing with the farmer's market may make it a little interesting - the
installfest route we've usually taken may not be feasible, but stuff is
generally so easy to install anymore, that shouldn't be an issue.  I'm
thinking more of doing demos and talking to folks - more evangelism this
year, convert the masses :)

-barry