[Cialug] Canonical - Yahoo deal; thoughts?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 28 00:00:12 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Don Cady <doncady at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ze Newz places report Ubuntu is switching the default search for their
> FF to Yahoo. On the one hand, since Yahoo will now be fed by Bing for
> the next 10yrs., this might give MS long term tracking data on Ubuntu
> users (anybody care?..).

If I was an Ubuntu user and I actually stuck with Ubuntu after such a
stunt one of the first things that I would do would be to figure out
how to change the defaults before even opening up Firefox or any other
browser.

Since I'm not an Ubuntu user it would be one more reason for me to
stay away from Ubuntu.

--
Jeff Ollie