[Cialug] Canonical - Yahoo deal; thoughts?

Don Cady doncady at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:37:38 CST 2010

I usually don't bring up news items because I assume everyone on this
list keeps up on their own. But, this one's poke-ing me for some
reason:
Ze Newz places report Ubuntu is switching the default search for their
FF to Yahoo. On the one hand, since Yahoo will now be fed by Bing for
the next 10yrs., this might give MS long term tracking data on Ubuntu
users (anybody care?..). On the other, it could funnel pennies from MS
to fund Ubuntu.
IMHO, this is something they should have waited (or hurried for
Karmic) for a non-LTS to do.
Anyone else?

Don