[Cialug] Argh/Microsoft/Argh

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 27 09:54:55 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Jeff Davis <me at digitaljeff.com> wrote:

> Personally I think it would be great if when you deleted a file it
> actually got deleted and then would write a random collection of
> 1's and 0's in its place.

Sometimes I am glad that the file I meant to delete is actually in my trash.

Google, w/ Gmail, did a good job implementing delete. It deletes first and
then provides easy undo. 30 days later the email is gone unless you purge it
sooner. Everything should work like this and modal dialog boxes should go
away.

--
Matthew Nuzum