[Cialug] Old Debian packages

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:47:28 CST 2010

On 2010-01-25 at 10:06:59, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>I'd suggest going right to the Adobe page and installing the plugin
>from them. I've given up fighting about flash. In this (one) regard,
>Adobe has invested enough effort to make it work well on Linux and I've
>had the best experience with their version.

It took a bit of searching to find the 64-bit version. If anyone else is
looking, the so-called "Better than Nothing Version"[1] is here:
    http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_64bit.html
Unfortunately, as soon as i put the unpacked file in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, Iceweasel crashes again on any page that
includes Flash. I guess i just have to do without Flash for now.

[1] See the sidebar on http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu