[Cialug] KMail misinterpreting plain text

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Thu Jan 21 09:58:32 CST 2010

On 2010-01-08 at 09:05:50, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>KMail has had an annoying bug where slashes in plain-text e-mail cause
>the text to be italicized ... I want plain-text to be rendered as it is
>written.

For what it's worth, after asking the general KDE list and then the KDE
PIM list (the one that pertains to KMail) i got a response from the
maintainer of KMail. There is no way to disable the "feature".

Incidentally, i've discovered that it can be disabled in Thunderbird, by
a quick edit to userContent.css.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu