[Cialug] simple Linux laptop needed

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jan 21 08:54:54 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Jeff Chapin <chapinjeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Odd. Once I replaced the broadcom wifi with an intel chip, I could not
> be any happier with my Dell Mini 10v.

I'm very happy with the mini, but I have one too many computers now. I
bought the D430 for travelling (a 12", dual core, 64b) and the Mini 9
for something light to grab when I want a pc but don't want to lug
much. And also because it was novel and I wanted one and hit the "buy"
button w/out thinking too much.

The amount of overlap between the two machines is great. Therefore I
need to get rid of one of them and I don't think I'd like to use the
mini for an 8 hour work day while travelling.

--
Matthew Nuzum