[Cialug] Robert Half and/or local consulting company experiences.

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:50:00 CST 2010

On 2010-01-17 at 23:30:56, Jeff Davis wrote:
>If you get sent on an interview, take copies of your resume.
>Since pretty much every recruiter wants your resume in Word
>format (most will just remove your name and add their letterhead)
>you never know if they altered something in your skill set.

I maintain my resume in LaTeX format and make a PDF available. If it was
required to submit something in Word, i'd convert the LaTeX to some
bitmapped image format (by way of PostScript as an intermediary) and
then paste the bitmap into a Word document. That would be the easiest
way to preserve the look and feel of the document while meeting the
format requirement. (One time i did just that for a college assignment
that required a Word document after the time that i'd upgraded my
knowledge to include LaTeX.) What do you think they'd do with my
hypothetical resume in Word format?

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu