[Cialug] Robert Half and/or local consulting company experiences.

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:34:12 CST 2010

Plainly, they're liars.  (referring to Robert Half, I can't speak for
others).

They'll lie to you about the job, they'll lie to prospective employers about
you.  ANYTHING to fill a position and make money for themselves.

In some causes it works out as many of the people on this list are more
skilled than their resumes might represent, but it's not a good way to do
business, and if you're in a good position with a good outlook I'd work more
to expand yourself and your role in that position than looking elsewhere
(esp in the current economy).  And I'd highly recommend against working with
Robert Half in that situation as you might find yourself in a situation
where you've been much too oversold on a position and the employer takes it
out on you by letting you go, and then you're without a position at all.

-Brandon