[Cialug] Robert Half and/or local consulting company experiences.

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:25:05 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Tim Champion <timchampion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've worked through Robert half for 2 gigs. It wasn't bad at all. They saved
> by butt when I needed something quickly. They worked very hard and fast to
> find something for me. That gig turned out to be a 6 month contract. That
> employer hired me at the end of the contract, and I'm still there.

For me, I was impressed that Robert Half was able to get me a job
that, frankly, I don't think my resume supported, though I had the
skills.  But once I was in I was able to show my stuff, and after half
a year I got hired on full time.

They were always easy to deal with, and I never had problems talking
to someone there if I had a question or problem.  They gave me helpful
advice when I applied at the job and sent me a congratulations card
when I got hired.  They were everything I needed.

My wife also worked through Robert Half for two consecutive jobs, and
she loved it.  She was hired on at the second one.

I've not had experience with other recruiters in central Iowa.  But
definitely don't rule out Robert Half.

--
Todd