[Cialug] 2 web servers 1 IP

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:41:16 CST 2010

Ok, so I'm not trying to play off of that 2x1y crap floating around.

What I've got is a box running VMWare Server with a Web Server running
Apache2 that I use regularly.  I'm helping out my church by pre-building
another VM running the same to be used for their Joomla site and will
eventually be moved to their new server.  The server they have now crashes a
lot so I've offered to host off my server until the VM can be moved, but I'm
not sure how to set up the infrastructure to allow web hosting off of two
separate VM's with one IP.  I'm guessing a proxy must be used, but I don't
know what to install or how to set it up.

Thanks,

Justin