[Cialug] DSL and wireless

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 21:54:05 CST 2010

I loaded DSL on a USB stick so that I could boot up my laptop in Linux rather than try to use my other old laptop.  It works if I connect it directly to a cable but wireless is another story.  The DSL site says that the Cisco wirless 350 PCMCIA card works out of the box but I can't seem to make it work at all.  The laptop (IBM Thinkpad R60)actually has a built in Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG network card.  It appeared that this card does not work well with DSL so I chose to insert a Cisco 350 card that I had laying around since it was said to work out of the box.

Anyone have any experience with DSL running wirelessly?  Suggestions?