[Cialug] Httpd and tomcat configuration

Mathew R. Phillips mathew.phillips at wartburg.edu
Thu Jan 7 18:39:10 CST 2010

Does anyone on here have experience running tomcat through the httpd server? I've been banging my head against the wall all day trying to get it to work and I'm getting a 404 resource not found error from tomcat on my page so I know its talking to httpd. The jsp page im trying to load is in the autoloaded webapps folder in my tomcat install dir. My virtualhost file looks like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/hosp
        ServerName hospital
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks +Indexes
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        Alias /student/ /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples/

        JKMount /student        tomcat
        JKMount /student/*      tomcat

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel                debug
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/hosp_error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/hosp_access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

I'm just trying to get the sample jsp's that come with tomcat to be served with httpd before I try and get my webapps working. I feel like im really close and I'm just missing something silly.

Note: when i use http://hospital:8080/examples/ it works just fine because the tomcat server is running on that port so I know the files can be served.

Matt