[Cialug] Fwd: The Product of the Year is Here: eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Jan 6 11:12:42 CST 2010

On 1/6/2010 10:30 AM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> OK, this is intriguing, but:
>
>   1. The watch I have now is wireless, as in there are no wires
> connected to it that I can see. What do they mean by this?

They mean to cash in on the wireless "buzz" ?

>   2. If the watch could do my laundry, change the baby's diaper and
> ensure that my favourite TV show was on when I turned on the TV then it
> might qualify as the product of the year. Sensors don't seem quite cool
> enough to me

I'm with you. With only 4kB of RAM I can't even pull up an xterm - and
32kB of Flash makes for a pretty skimpy filesystem. (I had to chuckle at
3 channels of DMA for that small a memory.)

>   3. James Bond???

Hmm. Jim would need a version that could survive a 100m dive in salt
water with better encryption for secure communication from that depth to
the nearest submarine and/or hotel bar. :)

And what's with no GPS?

...Morris