[Cialug] Linux in Universities

Kenneth Younger kyounger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:48:06 CST 2010

I have wondered if this is true for some time. Lately my thinking has been
the opposite. I feel if we don't produce enough highly educated folks here
in the US, that other countries will do so. A lot of those countries do not
have the same standard of living we do, and therefore don't demand as high
of salaries. Aggregately, this would actually pull down the rates we might
be able to demand. I would rather see the US producing a TON of extremely
well-educated CS students. If anything, it'll keep me from getting lazy.

Or, if I do get lazy, maybe one of them will eventually employ me here in
the US :)

This is why I do support the Immigrant Visa bill that has been proposed
recently. http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2010/02/the-startup-visa-update.html

-Kenny