[Cialug] Lawrence Lessig

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:59:40 CST 2010

In a story on Slashdot Lawrence Lessig was described as "the
foundational voice of the free culture movement".  Who the hell is
this Lessig guy?  Don't answer that, I know who he is.

But I don't get how he gets to be "the foundational voice" when I very
much remember being part of a free culture movement long before this
Johnny-come-lately ever appeared on the scene.  And I'm pretty sure
there was a thriving free culture movement even before *I* was around.
 It kind of irritates me to see him fawned over like this so often.

--
Todd