[Cialug] Job Posting - Linux Admin

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Feb 25 12:08:23 CST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Eric Junker <eric at eric.nu> wrote:

> On 2/25/2010 11:21 AM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > I think there's a mind-set that they want to get the cheapest they can
> > manage. Maybe they're willing to pay $75-85k but they think/hope/wish
> > someone who wants $45k would apply.
> >
> > I can't fault them for that.
>
> I think it would be in their own self interest to weed out candidates
> that are expecting a higher salary. Do they really think they can trick
> a candidate that will only accept a $80k into accepting $60k? I also
> don't know if I would want to work for a company where they don't pay
> their employees a fair wage.

Well, I'm not talking about unfair wages or tricking, I'm talking about the
case where they'd accept two levels of candidates, both a $45k level
applicant and a $75k applicant.

Maybe a good way to do this would be to say:

Salary: $45k - $55k but willing to pay more for an exceptional candidate.

--
Matthew Nuzum