[Cialug] kubuntu 9.10 & grub

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Tue Feb 23 12:52:06 CST 2010

Thanks for the info. Got it installed (the package is named
"startupmanager"). I had done a bit of googling, but hadn't run across
that.

Still find it odd that such a key piece of the admin puzzle would not be
installed by default, and based on the amount of arguing about the "right
way" to manually edit grub files that goes on in the Ubuntu forums, I'd
guess that a lot of people don't know about it.

I think a lot of the confusion is due to the switch to Grub 2, and that
the update-grub script now wants to overwrite your cfg file for you.

Thanks,

-dc