[Cialug] Linux Experience

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Sat Feb 20 10:14:07 CST 2010

So, based on last week's discussion and comments on this list, who all is serious about wanting some Linux experience?  What distros do you like and how much time per week would you be willing to devote to learning?

I've had the trouble-maker project for quite some time, and not able to devote the time to it in the last few years.  If anyone wants to write some scripts to (reasonably) break systems, this is a good way to get your feet wet on some sysadmin stuff.  This is not a coding requirement, just the same sort of basic scripting the admins need to do.

If anyone needs guidance, I'd be willing to start the LUG meeting early (starting in April) and spend an hour working through issues... if there's interest.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701