[Cialug] Writeup soon - ZFS SAN build

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Tue Feb 16 19:51:29 CST 2010

The sparse provisioning does allow me to export the block device, which is
the general direction of this project.  I will be able to add additional
drives to fill up the block device when it becomes necessary, and not have
to repartition stuff in Windows.

The end goal of this unit will be as a massive storage system for all of our
virtual machines.  We are running Hyper-V 2.0, using Clustered Shared
Volumes.  This will allow me to have one huge Clustered Shared Volume, never
have to reformat it in Windows, and continually expand it while maintaining
fault tolerance.

I've got some other interesting ideas about how to set up future systems,
but that will be long after I get this system into prodution.