[Cialug] Java

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Feb 1 09:25:22 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Jeff Chapin <chapinjeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to not be a fan of java, but I am starting to come around a bit
> more. The biggest three reasons I am starting to be a fan?
>

> I first started using all three of these programs in the last year or
> so, and my opinion of java has done a huge turn-around in that time.

4. Startup time for Java used to be noticeably slow but it has gotten faster
while startup time for many native apps has gotten slower, so Java doesn't
stick out so much. Therefore the cross-platform benefit of Java doesn't have
the dog-slow performance problem counterbalancing it like it used to. IMHO.

--
Matthew Nuzum