[Cialug] AmesLUG: January 13th Meeting: BYPD - get help!

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Wed Dec 29 14:00:06 CST 2010

That would be "Bring Your Problem Device" - if you have some piece of
hardware that is not behaving and you're ready for some other expert
eyes on the problem, bring it all to the next AmesLUG.

Don't just bring the device that is puzzling or amusing you, bring what
it belongs with so we can have essentially a full troubleshooting
environment.

And for the rest of the crew, bring your troubleshooting brains, and
we'll see what needs fixing and try to help people out. If you could
volunteer to do any of the following, please speak up!

1) Need one person to bring a few USB sticks and CDs of recent Freenix
distros (Ubuntu, *BSD, etc) so we're prepared to do reinstalls if necessary.

2) Need someone to bring a small LCD monitor with a vga connector and
adapter for DVI, mouse and keyboards that will work on just about
anything, so that others need only bring their boxen in without accessories.

3) Got another idea for something that will help? Let's hear it!

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/