[Cialug] Matt Stanton: Update 3?

Don Cady doncady at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 18:37:09 CST 2010

> as far as my condition is concerned, my right hand is my only usable
> input device interface, and i'm fudging shift key characters because of
> the cast that covers parts of that hand.  my left arm is trashed, and i
> can barely move my fingers on that side.  but, at least i can move them,
> so i guess a bunch of therapy will get them working again.  it seems
> i'll be in this place for a while.

Physical Therapy is about determination, patience, and perseverance.
Keep it up (whatever they ask of you), and you will get them working
again.

> things they are doing to me.  if you'd like to visit, i'm cool with
> that.  there don't seem the be 'visiting hours', but i try to get to
> sleep by midnight, and i try to stay asleep until 8am.  early morning is
> generally very busy with doctors/residents/nurses, and lasts until about
> 10:30 or 11.

Hah! Ironically, I was about 4 floors below last night (father broke
foot again), but thought it would be way too late to go up and visit
unannounced.
Anyway, It's probably too late to plan this for tonight, but what do
you think of a group of us coming up to visit? Do they like/not like
big groups?

> may be able to work from home to do jobs that don't depend on stock
> images if i can get copies of illustrator and photoshop that are
> properly licensed.  i never liked using much other than a mouse, though

Maybe someone on this list knows of a channel to get deeply discounted
Adobe products.. Anyone?
Then, we could have a 'virtual donation jar' to get these for you.
Knowing you've got a good setup waiting for you to 'get back into it'
could help motivate during therapy.

> on with me, feel free to email off-list.

Re 'off-list', we've been waiting for you to return to the IRC channel!

Wishing you the best in nurses for Christmas,
Don