[Cialug] a question

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:09:27 CDT 2010

Another hint about using VirtualBox:
Install a special user (perhaps vboxuser) for VBox, then do all VBox work in
that account. VBox works halfway as a server, halfway not, which is
different from the service configurations I'm accustomed to seeing.
It would be nice to create the VMs on a separate partition, rather than the
default settings (hidden directory in user's home). Pretty common GUI for
setting preferences there.

Installing VBox in your Linux host, then installing VMs in it will be good
practice configuring systems, and you can try different configurations
quickly with little penalty.

--Don Ellis