[Cialug] AmesLUG: Thu Sept 9th - OS / Distro Roundtable

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Mon Aug 16 08:31:21 CDT 2010

Meeting Announcement:

Thu Sept 9th - OS / Distro Roundtable has been updated.
Submitted by Lugnut on Thu, 08/12/2010 - 21:22

The next meeting will be held at Ames Public Library at 8pm Thursday
September 9th, though the doors will open at 7:30 so if you want to show
up early, feel free. If you haven't been to the Founder's Suite yet,
just go to the information desk and they'll direct you.

This will be a more informal meeting, contrasting the different
attributes of various distributions and operating systems.

I'm sure it almost goes without saying, but it's not to be a talk about
which systems are better, just what the differences are. Judgments of
quality can only come from within grasshopper. ;o)

So if you've ever been curious about why someone would prefer Gentoo
over Ubuntu, or wonder if there are any lighter weight office apps than
OpenOffice out there (vim?), or even if you just want to learn more
about the different distributions and what they offer, this meeting will
be of interest.

We'll share our FOSS experiences and have a good time as always. Bring
your laptop!

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/