[Cialug] AmesLUG Minutes 2010-08-12

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Fri Aug 13 12:10:04 CDT 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 01:59 PM, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:31:11PM -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>> Sorry I couldn't come, would you still tell about the good deal on an
>> android device?
>
> Used T-Mobile G1 handset, T-Mobile prepaid SIM (no data service),
> then rely on somewhat-ubiquitous free wifi for data.
>
> 	Jonathan Kollasch

If you buy the $100 sim it is valid for a year's worth of service, and
that goes a pretty long way.

Someone wanted to know if it would work without the sim, as a wifi
enabled pocket computer so I popped out the sim and started it up. Most
of the things worked, but something, presumably the telephony system,
seemed to be gobbling cpu to the degree where it was pretty hard to get
anything done. I imagine it would be possible to fix that though, given
a few hours of playing with it.

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/