[Cialug] AmesLUG Minutes 2010-08-12

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Aug 13 09:45:08 CDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch at kollasch.net
> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:31:11PM -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > Sorry I couldn't come, would you still tell about the good deal on an
> > android device?
>
> Used T-Mobile G1 handset, T-Mobile prepaid SIM (no data service),
> then rely on somewhat-ubiquitous free wifi for data.

Thanks, that's a good deal. I've always wondered if the G1 would work with
wifi w/out a data plan. I had a Nokia wifi phone before my Android and it
would not work with wifi unless you also paid for the (very cheap) t-mobile
data plan.

I might pick one of those up to replace my pre-paid emergency/travel phone.
Does anyone know if the commonly available G1's are quad band?

Also, does Froyo work well on those?

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Never stop learning" –Robert Nuzum (My dad)