[Cialug] AmesLUG Minutes 2010-08-12

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Thu Aug 12 21:21:02 CDT 2010

Here are the minutes, in case you were absent and wondered what went
down. I'll post the next meeting topic when someone sends me a good
idea, or one pops into my head!

http://www.ameslug.org/node/10

The meeting began at 7:30pm, with most members arriving early to talk
about governmental structures in Ancient Rome. Seriously, that's where
the conversation went.

Quite similarly to the last meeting, 10 Members were in attendance in
all, with a few new folks. Welcome!

Old Business:
none

New Business:

A call is put out for program volunteers and ideas for activities.

VP Michael proposed doing an install fest after the holidays for folks
who have new toys to experiment with.

Program:

The program on the Linux/Android mobile platform was about 30 minutes
and was given by Matthew Steven. A lively discussion followed with lots
of discussion on apps, excellent questions on the permission system and
accessibility of elements within the Android system to modification.

Slides will be made available on the web site soonish.

Finally, a good chat about ham radio ended the meeting, and we did
manage to scram out of the library by 8:45.

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/