[Cialug] Ames LUG Flyer

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Aug 8 17:41:18 CDT 2010

Who is your audience?  How will you be getting these flyers out?

I've noticed that many nonprofit groups (including, alas, this one) tend to operate with an assumption that creating a flyer magically makes attendance come from nowhere.  While this is somewhat successful on campuses, if you're wanting to draw outside of the Iowa State crowd, you might want a more specific plan.

One thing to consider if you want to attract a more mainstream audience is that the BSD logo is likely to be misinterpreted.  Also "open source" is still something of a niche term.  It might be a good idea to get into the details of the benefits of open source and free software instead of assuming that the audience will understand your intent.

If you want to just focus on the IA State crowd, this is probably fine.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701