[Cialug] Update maven2 in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Apr 30 10:38:46 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> We do need to upgrade the box at some point, this is a 2 year old distro,
> and I'm guessing the LTS part of it is short-term now.

You've got three more years of support.

However, playing with some of the newer server releases really has me
itching for 10.04 server. byobu is pretty sweet. It's a customized
version of screen. Its previous incarnations became available as
"screen-profiles" starting with 9.04. Here's a screenshot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/newz2000/4496071224/

And there's a lot of other interesting reasons to upgrade too.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they
sought." –Matsuo Bashō