[Cialug] Update maven2 in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Thu Apr 29 17:30:01 CDT 2010

Ok, I'm sure this is simple, but I need to update maven2 to at least v2.0.9.
 It's on a server running Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS, which has maven v2.0.8.  I've
tried the following:

apt-get update ;# to update the lists of packages.
apt-get install maven2

When I do "mvn -v", it still shows v2.0.8.

I've downloaded the .tar.gz from
http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/jaunty/maven2, which is v2.0.9.  But I
haven't installed it yet.  I'm saving that as a last resort.

This is a box I inherited, so I don't know the status of any updates.  Note,
this is the server version of Ubuntu, so no X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/