[Cialug] Computer to TV

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 21:56:51 CDT 2010

What's the easiest way to see the media I have on my computer on my TV screen?

I don't have a "media center" set up, and my computer doesn't have a
TV card in it.  Though maybe that's what I need, that and a really
long set of RCA cables.  I have a Roku, and I love being able to
stream Netflix to my television.  I've seen this thing called xbmc,
which is media center software for Linux.  It'd be nice if I could use
media center software on my computer to be a server, and have a
channel on Roku that pulled from it.

--
Todd