[Cialug] Malware, Spellcheck and iPods (Was Re: LUG meeting tomorrow)

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Sep 15 12:06:57 CDT 2009

I still like XMMS.

Seriously.  I don't understand why media players have all gotten so
bloated.  All I want to do is point an app at a directory and have it
play the files randomly.  Why should I need a window that takes up half
my screen and loads half a billion libraries to do that?

Even XMMS2 is bloated, as it uses a client/server model.

</curmudgeonly rant>

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Nathan C. Smith" <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> 09/15/09 12:04 PM >>>
For all sorts of iPod alternatives check out
http://www.anythingbutipod.com

I will say that iTunes used to be the reason I did not want an iPod, but
I've come to appreciate it.  Anyone using some great iTunes alternatives
that run on Windows or our favorite Linux?

-Nate